Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)
JEE is an entrance exam conducted for engineering aspirants for gateway to entering into top institutes in India such as IITs, NITs & other govt. technical institutes based on the marks obtained in the exam. The examination is conducted in two ways in Main & Advanced mode. It is considered as one of the difficult exams to crack & get admissions in top institutes and with these scores candidates can apply for abroad where some colleges accepts the scores.
- The exam is divided into two different sections: JEE Main & JEE Advanced
- Each year a IIT gets chance to conduct the exam and sets question paper
- Exam is conducted in online computer based mode every year
- Duration of exam is 3 hours for B.Tech/BArch/B.Plan courses
- Total 300 marks with 90 questions in Paper-1 of BE/B.Tech courses
- Total 400 marks with 105 questions in Paper-2 of BArch/B.Planning
- Medium of paper will be in English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Kannada, Punjabi, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu, Malayalam, Punjabi, Marathi etc.
- Examination frequency is 4 times a year ( Feb, March, April, May sessions)
Applicants applying for this exam must be qualified in 12th standard scoring minimum 50 % marks in core subjects of science streams are eligible to apply.
|JEE MAIN exam date 2022: Feb 4th week, March 3rd week, Ap last, May 1st week,|
|JEE Advanced exam date 2022: Conducted in the month of Oct. after mains result|
For further information related to JEE Mains exam visit:
JEE advanced exam: Candidates clearing JEE Mains with good merit scores are eligible to apply for JEE advanced examination held after the announcement of mains result. Each year one of the IITs gets chance to set the question paper based on the students qualified & based on the scores of advanced they get in any of top institutes. IIT Bombay has been choosen for the year 2022 to conduct the exam and set the paper & next consecutive year IIT Guwahati will be conducting it and difficulty level of exam will be based on the candidates appeared for the exam every which increases per year.
- Exam is conducted in online mode based on electronic assessment.
- Knowledge required from Physics, Chemistry, Maths subjects.
- Duration of exam is 3 hours for each paper tested in exam.
- Held once in a year with maximum of 2 attempts in consecutive yrs.
- Mode of language will be in English & Hindi mode.
- Total seats reserved per year in top institutes depend on the total intake of candidates every year & depending on it seats are allocated
NOTE: Students looking for direct admissions through management quota in any of top private institutions must have appeared in JEE mains & advanced exams.
For queries related to exam details & eligibility in JEE Advanced visit: